Prenatal Massage (Pregnancy Massage) can soothe muscle aches and joint pains, reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression and help the mummy-to-be deal with hormonal changes that are occurring in the body.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage (Pregnancy Massage) include:
- Lessen stress
- Relieve muscle cramp especially in lower back, hips and legs
- Reduce edema or swelling by stimulating circulation throughout the body
- Promote more restful sleep and help prevent pregnancy related insomnia
- Improve labor outcomes and newborn health
Prenatal Massage (Pregnancy Massage) is not recommended during the first trimester. A professional Prenatal Massage (Pregnancy Massage) lasted for around 60 to 90 minutes. Massage is good for a pregnant woman during the second trimester. It can be given twice a week even in the third trimester.
All massage movements applied by our professional therapist will be smooth and gentle, we will avoid applying any deep pressure and percussion techniques. Our trained therapist knows where a pregnant woman's sore spots are likely to be and may be able to provide some relief.
Our therapist will place a pillow under your knees to relax the abdomen when you are lying on your side, pillows placing under your neck or the knee aid comfort.
Pregnant women with the conditions listed below should consult your doctor prior to receiving a prenatal massage (pregnancy massage):
- Experiencing severe high blood pressure, swelling or sudden, severe headaches
- High risk pregnancy
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH)
- Previous pre-term labor